My Minimalist Challenge for 2017 is officially over… I’ve made it to 22 this year – a whopping 43 items more than last year – for a grand total of 253 items removed! How did you all get on? Evidence of the de-clutter above: 6 bags for the charity shop, 4 black bin bags full of rubbish, and a big pile of cardboard for recycling day!
Earlier in the week I didn’t think I’d make it to 20 but I did an extensive cull in my wardrobe and found more items than expected in there that I rarely wore. Alex also ran through of his wardrobe to cull some clothes. He also kindly agreed to help me with a thorough review of the stuff that has been accumulating in our loft since we moved in to hit the big 22.
Our tally was as follows:
- 16 items from the ‘spares’ box in the loft including 2 curtain rails, 1 BBQ stand flap and 13 individually packaged zip lock bags of spare IKEA hinges, feet, clips and screws.
- 17 random bits and pieces from around the house including 7 tubes of silicone, mastic and decorators caulk (apparently they dry out after a year of having been opened), 6 books, 1 more lampshade (this time from the bedroom), 2 pairs of net curtains and an unused carpet runner from my old flat.
- 18 packaging related items from the loft including 13 sheets of bubble wrap (leaving us still with 2 full boxes), 2 foam boards, 2 wood boards, and a worn out duffle bag.
- 19 items of clothing from Alex’s wardrobe including 3 pairs of jeans, 8 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of gloves, and 6 T-shirts.
- 20 cardboard boxes from the loft
- 21 items of clothing from my hanging wardrobe including 10 hangers, 1 skirt, 1 coat, 4 pairs of jeans and trousers, 2 shirts, and 3 cardigans
- 22 items of clothing from my clothes drawers including 12 pairs of socks and tights, 8 worn cotton t-shirts and tank tops, and 2 belts
Phew! (Although now I have one less excuse for procrastinating on our Phase 4 job)