Last week the builders finally seemed to start putting things back together instead of demolishing things! Progress made last week included:
- First fix electrics (ie the new wiring and socket back boxes)
- Insulated between floor joists for both warmth (as its pretty cold in our kitchen), and to minimise sound transmission from below
- Put back down all the original floorboards in the study area
- Laid down the new plywood subfloor in the bathroom
- Installed our new skylights – yay!
I am super excited about how our new enormous skylight looks and how much light it brings into the space. The bathroom is now officially the brightest room in our house, even on a gloomy London day. And although we compromised on the overall size of our bathroom so we could fit in a little study – the rooflight really helps to make the room seem more spacious.