Not as much progress was made this week as our builders had an emergency on another job site which they had to tend to for 3 days. That said, in the two days that they were here, the following was accomplished:
- Steel angles for chimney breast support were delivered
- The steel was partially installed (they still need to bolt in all the fixings)
- The remaining chimney breast brickwork was finally removed
- The old window was taken out and the new window partially installed (the gaskets were missing, so I had to re-order them and they wont arrive until Monday)
- The modification work to our timber staircase to extend the steps in line with our new corridor was completed.
We are now technically at the half way point of what they estimated would be an 8 week programme and all the ‘major’ structural and framing work has just about been finished. Fingers crossed we are still on schedule as I am getting pretty bored with the dust now!