Having spoken about nearly completing ‘Phase 1’, I was asked recently about what the other phases are so figured I should give you all an overview. When you are an architect, the phases are probably infinite, with refreshing of the first phase in a few years time and beginning the cycle again (shhh, don’t tell Alex!)… but in essence the main phases to get the house fully refurbished and extended fall into 6 main phases.
- Front Reception, Rear Reception & Hallways (done first as these are the spaces we use and pass through with the most frequency)
- Spare bedroom (Done second so we can more comfortably have guests to stay, and because it is a small, nicely contained little project so will be a nice break from phase 1)
- Master bedroom (Done third as, like the spare bedroom, it is a lower cost refurbishment enabling us to save up for phase 3 and have more time over the summer to relax in our garden)
- Bathroom (Estimated roughly in September/ October 2015)
- Side Return & Kitchen (Estimated to start in August 2016 when our mortgage is up for renewal and we can consider re-mortgaging to help finance it)
- Loft extension (Probably not til 2020 or beyond, unless we win the lottery, as we don’t need the space for now, but should do it as adding a bedroom will always pay for itself in terms of increased home value in the long run)